Have you had a long week at work? We know you work hard and that’s why at New Concepts Medical, we have an in-house sauna that can help you wind down from the week all while reaping some health benefits in the process!
Located in Wappingers Falls, New York, New Concepts Medical believes that achieving beauty is achieving the best version of you. Our medical team consists of board certified professionals who aim to help you feel and look your absolute best. We customize all of our treatments to tend to your personal needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation appointment and explore which treatment option seems ideal for you!
What are some health and wellness benefits from using a sauna?
- Spending time in our sauna can help alleviate stress!
- Our sauna can help relax and ease pain or tension in your muscles and joints!
- The warmth from our sauna helps detoxify your body for a healthier feel!
- You can sleep deeper at night after spending some time in our sauna!
- Sweating from a sauna can help you burn additional calories!
- Sauna heat can stimulate the production of white blood cells, helping your body fight against germs that induce colds and influenza among others!
How long should I spend in the sauna to experience its benefits?
Since everyone has a different tolerance to warmth, you may remain in the sauna for as long as you feel comfortable and well. Typically, people start to perspire after about 10 minutes, to which they can gain the benefits from the sauna. Our medical team strongly advises that you don’t stay in the sauna beyond what you can handle to avoid feeling faint, dizzy, or nauseated.
What should I do following my sauna experience?
Once your time in the sauna has completed, we recommend taking some time to let your body adapt to the cooler temperatures before you take a cool shower. This allows your body to ease into the change in temperature and prevents putting your body in shock. We recommend drinking plenty of water throughout your day to keep yourself hydrated.
After a long and challenging week at work, our sauna can be the key you need to unwind and feel amazing. If you are looking for the ultimate relaxation all while improving your health and wellness, some time in our sauna may benefit you! Contact us today and ask about our sauna!